Now Recruiting in Southeast Michigan!
Parenting across the deployment cycle raises special challenges for military families with young children. The STRoNG Military Families parenting program is offered for military service members, their spouses or partners, and their children 1-to-6 years old. STRoNG Military Families provides a 10-week parent and child program experience designed to support and enhance the resilience of military families by creating opportunities for families to come together to learn, support one another, and grow in their ability to navigate the unique challenges they face.
“I know without the programs I wouldn’t have the relationship
that I now have with my kids. There’s nothing out there like
it where you go for help and to become stronger as a family.”
-Michigan Army National Guard Veteran
and STRoNG Military Families Graduate
STRoNG Military Families Program Goals
- Increase parenting skills
- Meet other military families
- Learn and practice self-care skills
- Connect with local resources
- Receive support for positive parent-child interactions
- Provide a safe environment to learn and grow
The STRoNG Military Families Program can be delivered in one of two formats:
- Home-Based: a 10-week program that delivers written informational materials via mail.
- Multi-Family: a 10-week group with other families where a meal and childcare are provided.