Are you a Post-9/11 female veteran?
Could you benefit from increased personal resilience?
Are you ready to work on professional goals?
After Her Service (AHS) is a program for Post-9/11 women veterans aimed at supporting their professional success. AHS combines a skill-building retreat with up to 12 sessions of one-on-one coaching focused on setting and implementing career goals. Developed by the University of Michigan, the program is grounded in strategies known to be effective for increasing resilience, life satisfaction, and career success.
AHS includes 2 unique program components — a weekend skill-building retreat and up to 12 sessions of career coaching.
- Build optimism and positive coping
- Reduce stress and social isolation
- Challenge negative thinking
- Practice new approaches to self-care
- Identify the gap between where you are and where you want to be
- Set and implement career goals
- Learn strategies to overcome obstacles to professional success
- Apply new skills to career goals
Participants can also receive up to $140 for completing evaluations of the program.
- Post-9/11 women veterans with general discharge or higher and a minimum of 6 months post-military separation
- Able to attend a 2-day skill-building retreat (all travel expenses covered for the weekend)
- Can participate in one-on-one career coaching by phone (up to 12 sessions within 4 months)
PI: Michelle Kees, PhD
Study ID: HUM00120983
IRB: IRBMED Date Approved: 4/9/2020
For further information about the program, please click on the box above to add your name to our mailing list.