Are you a Post-9/11 female veteran?
Could you benefit from increased personal resilience?
Are you ready to work on professional goals?
After Her Service (AHS) is a program for Post-9/11 women veterans aimed at supporting their personal and professional success. AHS combines a skill-building retreat with six months of individual coaching focused on setting and attaining life and career goals. Developed by the University of Michigan, the program is grounded in strategies known to be effective for increasing resilience, life satisfaction, and empowerment.
AHS includes 2 unique program components — a weekend skill-building retreat and 6 months of professional coaching.
- Build optimism and positive coping
- Reduce stress and social isolation
- Challenge negative thinking
- Practice new approaches to self-care
- Identify the gap between where you are and where you want to be
- Set professional and career goals
- Learn strategies to overcome obstacles to professional success
- Apply new skills to career goals
Participants can also receive up to $150 for completing evaluations of the program.
The application is currently closed. We hope to secure additional funding to offer the program again in the future. Please click on the box below to add your name to the mailing list for information about possible future programs for women veterans.
- Post-9/11 women veterans with general discharge or higher and a minimum of 6 months post-military separation
- Able to attend a 2-day skill-building retreat (all travel expenses covered for the weekend)
- Can participate in individual professional coaching by phone (twice-monthly for 6 months)
Very few programs currently exist which are specifically tailored for women veterans. In 2016, the M-SPAN team initiated a Needs Assessment to identify the key concerns shared by for Post-9/11 women veterans. These included challenges in:
- Reintegrating to civilian life
- Finding fulfillment in the professional world
- Building a supportive community of other women veterans
- Managing stress in healthy ways
After Her Service addresses each of these areas through a skill-building resiliency retreat paired with individualized coaching that focuses on professional success.