Grand Valley State University
University of Nevada - Las Vegas
University of Michigan
University of Washington - Tacoma
Bowling Green State University
Attention: The application deadline for this cohort has been extended to Friday, May 15, 2020, due to COVID-19.
Thanks to grants from the May & Stanley Smith Charitable Trust and the Robert R. McCormick Foundation, we will be able to expand the program to approximately 18 universities and colleges in the Western U.S. and 3 in Illinois in 2020 at no cost to the schools selected. If you are involved in student veteran affairs at a college or university in one of the states listed in the blue drop down list below, we encourage you to apply soon.
See map and list of eligible states
May & Stanley Smith Charitable Trust Grant Expansion Eligible States:
Robert R. McCormick Foundation Grant Expansion Eligible States:
In order to ensure that the schools selected are the right fit for the program, we have established the following criteria:
- Student veteran leadership buy-in to implement peer support on their campus
- Campus administration support for the PAVE program
- Staff and student capacity to implement PAVE
- Ability to identify and connect with incoming student veterans
Additionally, we evaluate factors such as existing student veteran services and programming on campus, how active the SVA chapter or student veteran group is, and potential strengths and barriers to implementation.
Terms of Partnership
Schools selected to become PAVE Partner Campuses must agree to the following:
- Attend a 2-day training in early August 2020 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Participants would include:
- Student Veteran selected as the PAVE Team Leader
- Veteran Services Coordinator who will implement and sustain the PAVE program on your campus
- (optional) University Champion (Assistant Dean, or comparable administrator from the Office of Student Affairs, Faculty Mentor, or Counselor from University Counseling Services)
- Agree to keep track of the number of student veterans who get services through the program, the concerns they identify, and the school resources used
- Be willing to secure arrangements with on and off campus resources for student veterans
Application & Selection Process
The first step in the process is to apply at the link below. The application deadline for this cohort has been extended to Friday, May 15, 2020 due to COVID-19. Decisions will be made on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply early! If you would like to learn more about the program and the implementation process prior to filling out the application, please contact the PAVE National Team at (734) 998-5838 or PAVE.Info@umich.edu.
Follow-up phone conferences will be scheduled with applicants who meet the initial screening criteria so that we can further discuss the program and answer any questions. We will notify applicants of our decision shortly thereafter. At that point, we will immediately begin working with new partner campus teams to prepare for launching the program in the earliest term feasible.
If you are interested in bringing PAVE to your school but are not located in the Western U.S. or Illinois, please contact us and we can discuss other possible ways to bring the program to your campus via a licensing fee.